The UK Visitor Visa is designed for foreigners who wish to visit the UK for a short period. Although the UK Visitor Visa is generally valid for only 6 months, under certain circumstances, they may sometimes be issued for a longer period, reaching up to 10 years. Where the visa is issued for more than 6 months, the Visa holder has to leave the country after a maximum of 6 months in each visit and return after.
To be eligible for the UK Visitor Visa, applicants must:
- Proof that they have sufficient funds to cover all expenses that may be made during their stay.
- Proof that they will leave the UK once their visa expires.
- Proof that they can pay for their return journey.
Along with the above requirements:
- When visiting the UK for medical purposes:
- Applicants must not be a threat to the public.
- Applicants must prove that they’ve got a medical condition that requires special treatment in the UK.
- Applicants must leave the country once their treatment is completed, or once the validity of their visa expires.
- Applicants must prove that they have sufficient funds to support and cover all expenses that may be incurred.
When visiting the UK to donate an organ:
- The donation must be to someone the applicant is related to genetically, or one who has a close relationship with the applicant.
When visiting the UK for business purposes:
- Applicants must only engage in business-related activities provided in the UK Visitor Rules.
When visiting the UK for educational purposes:
The applicant is allowed to stay in the UK for a year and must be able to prove that they are professionals in their field of study who are on sabbatical leave from their home school and intend to:
- Start, continue a research, or partake in an on-going research, provided the applicant does not take a permanent job.
- Partake in an official exchange with a partner in the UK.
When visiting the UK with a long-term visit visa:
- Applicants must have a genuine reason that will require them to visit the UK regularly and spend more time in the country.
- Applicants must leave the country at the end of each of their visit.
The following documents will also be needed:
- A recent passport that will remain valid throughout the time the applicant will stay in the UK.
- Bank statement or any other document to prove that the applicants have sufficient funds to cover all expenses that may be incurred during their stay.
The UK Visitor Visa allows the holder to enjoy the following benefits:
- They can engage in any business-related activities provided in the UK Visitor Rules.
- They can study in the UK for up to 30 days, provided they do not intend to pursue any degree.
- Visitors with the UK Visitor Visa can get medical treatment.
- UK Visitor Visa holder is allowed to carry out or continue research works in the UK.
The UK Visitor Visa Application Fees are:
- £89 for 6 months
- £337 for 2 years
- £6125 for years
- £767 for 10 years